Re: abiconvert project (alpha release for test only)

From: Seth Delackner (seth@jtan.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 13:13:37 EST

    On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 04:46 AM, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > Just for you information I plan to considerablly improve the MS
    > Word Importer (I hope) and the RTF import/exporter by the time of the
    > 2.0
    > release. Of course the import/exporters of abiword will be continuously
    > tweaked forever.
    >
    > My target improvements for the MS Word import are:
    > 1 Headers/footers
    > 2. Footnotes
    > 3. Endnotes
    > 4. Various table/cell parameters.
    >
    > For RTF import/export many table/cell properties, Footnotes/endnotes.
    >
    > I hope someone else will do revision marks and hidden text.

    This reminds me. Are table of contents a possible item?

    Headers/Footers, Endnotes, and Table of Contents conversion are the
    only glaring items I notice so far. Well, amost. I know right now
    abiword supports conversion of .Doc files with images inside, but I'm
    having a real hassle figuring out how to enable that feature. When I
    convert files with embedded images I get a debug message that the DOM
    contains no image data. If I were at my development machine I would
    attach the exact output.