Re: abiconvert project (alpha release for test only)

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 13:39:46 EST

    > This reminds me. Are table of contents a possible
    > item?

    Not at present, nor are they being considered before
    the 2.0 release.

    > Headers/Footers, Endnotes, and Table of Contents
    > conversion are the
    > only glaring items I notice so far. Well, amost. I
    > know right now
    > abiword supports conversion of .Doc files with
    > images inside, but I'm
    > having a real hassle figuring out how to enable that
    > feature. When I
    > convert files with embedded images I get a debug
    > message that the DOM
    > contains no image data. If I were at my development
    > machine I would
    > attach the exact output.

    No need. These are OLE2 embedded objects that I have
    no intention of extracting from the document at this
    point in time, most often office art drawings. We
    support documents with images inside of them, so long
    as the images aren't OLE2 objects.