Re: imp_msword page number, header, footer?

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 19:08:33 EST

    On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 10:41, Seth Delackner wrote:
    > Abiword supports headers, footers, and page numbers. RTF supports them as
    > well. So is there a reason other than "never got around to it, you go fix it"
    > that the MsWord importer doesn't deal with them? Tell me in advance if it is
    > too complicated (before I try to go implement them myself).

    That is exactly the case. You'll have to do a bit of reverse engineering
    I suspect to decode what PAP values make header/footer/footnote/endnote
    sections deifferent from regular sections.

    Right now headers/footers get appended as new sections in the abiword
    document and I think footnotes and endnotes are ignored.

    Good Luck!

    This was on my things to do list so when I get caught up with the other
    stuff I want to do I'd be happy to help.

    Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    University of Melbourne