Re: statically linking plugin .o files?

From: Seth Delackner (seth@jtan.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 21:24:50 EST

    On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:56:33PM -0500, Mark Gilbert wrote:
    > I don't know that you have, this is a good idea (I fooled around with it
    > long back, when I knew a lot less about the system, and got nowhere).

    Well, all I really care about are the image and file converters. Near as I can
    tell most of the ones that work are essentially unchanged from the pre-plugin
    incarnations they had. I hope the answer isn't that I just ifdef out the
    function definitions.

    Why am I doing this? I have no idea how to load the plugins at runtime in the
    abiconvert tool. Eventually I would like to shift to doing that.