Re: statically linking plugin .o files?

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 23:38:56 EST

    Yeah, so there are two ways that I can think of to do
    this.

    1) ifdef out a bunch of functions, reorganize code,
    change your makefiles, and then link them in

    2) Copy over the unix loadAllPlugins function from
    AP_UnixApp. This includes the "so_only" function. Call
    this on application startup in some sort of initialize
    function. Build and install the plugins without
    changing a line of code.

    You can pretty much guess which one I'd rather do. And
    it ain't #1.

    Dom