Re: statically linking plugin .o files?

From: Seth Delackner (seth@jtan.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 18:14:33 EST

    On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:38:56PM -0800, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > 1) ifdef out a bunch of functions, reorganize code,
    > change your makefiles, and then link them in
    >
    > 2) Copy over the unix loadAllPlugins function from
    > AP_UnixApp. This includes the "so_only" function. Call
    > this on application startup in some sort of initialize
    > function. Build and install the plugins without
    > changing a line of code.
    >
    > You can pretty much guess which one I'd rather do. And
    > it ain't #1.

    And I agreed completely, up until the point where I noticed that xap_MacModule.cpp has no implementation for the loadModule method.

    So I have either
    1) do an easy quick hack to ifdef out a bunch of functions.
    2) figure out how to implement xap_MacModule.cpp's missing functions..

    I'm going to put this off and hope that 2 is easy for me to
    implement.