Re: ClarisWorks Importer

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 14:51:42 EST

    On dimanche, mars 9, 2003, at 20:36 Europe/Paris, Larin Hennessy wrote:

    > I have been taking a look at the ClarisWorks importer using a test
    > document
    > that Seth sent me. And I have gotten to a point where I need a bit
    > more help.
    >
    > Does anyone have any documentation on the ClarisWorks/AppleWorks file
    > format?

    No. see libcwk.sf.net

    I'm the "maintainer" of that stuff and haven't gotten deeper to the
    reverse engineering. And I'm not sure if I'm still allowed to do so
    given my current employer. I did officially request such a document.

    > What follows is based on the existing code in the importer.
    >
    > The initial problem appears to be an endian-ness problem between PPC
    > and
    > Intel.

    I was aware of that, but given the non functionnal state of the
    importer I did not care much. I wrote that on PPC hardware :-)

    I understand that the code appears to be written for v5 of the file
    format, and the
    > file that Seth sent me is from v6, so this might be the problem.

    Both file format differ. I did work on v5, not v6

    Hub