stripping symbols not used by plugins

From: Seth Delackner (seth@jtan.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 14:51:57 EST

    So I'm trying really hard to minimize the size of my abiconvert executable.
    For plugin support, I have two options it seems.

    1. 'strip -u -r -S -x' will leave behind only global non-debug symbols.
    2. I can determine the specific subset of global symbols that are used
    (or might be used) by plugins, and strip all globals except those.

    The difference between 1 and 2 is roughly 600k (3.2 meg versus 3.8). Any
    thoughts?

    Oh, and many many thanks to fjf for helping me even get plugins building on OS
    X.