Re: Intent to release 1.1.4 Really Soon.

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 09:52:12 EST

    > These aren't end-users, and they know it isn't
    > production code or even
    > supported binaries. They should be able to force
    > install (aka
    > downgrade), or they shouldn't (and probably can't)
    > use cvs snapshots.
    >
    > 1.9.x gives a false impression of readiness that
    > might fit better in a
    > release candidate. Especially since even if we
    > release with no win32,
    > it seems silly to be releasing 1.9.x with temporary
    > complete bustage of
    > one of our largest platforms.
    > Believe it or not, 1.1.4 will still have a lot of
    > bugs, even if it is
    > far less than 1.1.3.
    >
    > For these reasons amongst others I feel 1.9.x could
    > be a bit premature.
    > Of course, the call comes down to dom.

    I whole-heartedly agree with MG here. The next release
    shall be 1.1.4. The *next* release will be 1.9.x,
    signifying that it is an alpha-quality release. As for
    RPMs, those persons who were smart enough to find and
    install your daily RPMs will be smart enough to use
    the --force, --nodeps, or -e flags when installing new
    official RPMs.