Re: Intent to Release 1.0........5, right?

From: Mark Gilbert (markgilbert@hotpop.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 05:13:36 EST

    On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 21:10, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > HI Folks,
    > I suggest that people build non-bidi binaries as well as bidi
    > binaries. For the vast majority of our users non-bidi is just fine and has
    > fewer bugs than bidi. The bidi-only release policy has done it's job and
    > bugs in the bidi build have been exposed. Unfortunately they don't appear
    > to be getting fixed in STABLE.
    >
    > So lets do the right thing for our users and give them non-bidi builds.

    I agree. Half of the job was done (a large number of bidi bugs were
    exposed), but the other half wasn't (except for the initial wave of
    bugfixes that got most of them, the remaining zombie bidi bugs aren't
    getting fixed). Anyway, a lot of those sticking around drunk off their
    hindquarters at closing time are also present in HEAD still, which is
    bidi-only. Muahahahahaaaa!

    Best regards
    -MG
    AbiWord Stable Maintainer