Re: Intent to Release 1.0........5, right?

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 21:10:32 EST

    On 18 Mar 2003, Mark Gilbert wrote:

    > As if anyone besides the stable maintainers still gives a h00t about
    > stable...just kidding!
    > I will release tomorrow or thursday, 1800-2100 US/Eastern (check your
    > glibc if you aren't sure when that is).

    HI Folks,
             I suggest that people build non-bidi binaries as well as bidi
    binaries. For the vast majority of our users non-bidi is just fine and has
    fewer bugs than bidi. The bidi-only release policy has done it's job and
    bugs in the bidi build have been exposed. Unfortunately they don't appear
    to be getting fixed in STABLE.

    So lets do the right thing for our users and give them non-bidi builds.