(no subject)

From: cmedvetz@mail.usf.edu
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 05:02:01 EDT

    To: AbiWord Developers

    We are one of three groups from Dr. Stanley Harrison’s, advanced technical
    writing class at the Uinversity of South Florida, who are submitting an user
    centered, task-orientated AbiWord help tutorial. In this submission we would
    appreciate your sincere consideration to have our help tutorial to be
    incorporated into your current AbiWord program. We’ve created a user centered
    task oriented manual that will take you the user through action steps.

    In addition, you will find what is incorporated into our user centered task-
    orientated tutorial. By creating a task-oriented tutorial we have created a
    Help tutorial specific for your user group. We feel that this user group is
    made up of primarily of students, freeware users and home users. The task-
    oriented style will help these user groups to be able to use your AbiWord
    program in a more efficient manner. It is cross platform,
     Therefore any user can view it on many different browsers.

    Our AbiWord help tutorial contains several important features, all centered on
    the end user. We decided to focus our help system on individual tasks and take
    the user through a guided tour of AbiWord. To allow for various kinds of
    leaning styles, we organized the tutorial modularly. By using this model of
    organization, a user may follow the provided tutorials if needed, or jump
    straight to an index of functions. Our submission also provides the following
    other features:

    · 3 separate user-centered, task oriented tutorials
    · Step-by-step guidance through common AbiWord procedures
    · Index of functions
    · Cross-platform compatibility (HTML 4.0)
    · CSS based mark-up for developers
    · Matching AbiWord color scheme
    · Familiar frame-based user interface
    · Parallel visuals that familiarize the user with AbiWord
    · Open-ended coding for additional work, cited under GNU license
    · Incorporated AbiWord logo
    · Relational, optimized text and graphics for different screen resolutions
    · Unified look and feel

    As you can see we have placed great thought and consideration into our AbiWord
    Help Tutorial, by focusing on your user group. Additionally, our creation of
    this user centered, task-oriented tutorial will greatly enhance your program.
    By creating our Tutorial in a cross-platform format we allow you to incorporate
    this Tutorial without further revisions or development. We greatly appreciate
    your consideration in this matter and hope to have contact with you soon.

    Sincerely,
    Nathan Jacobs, Craig Medvetz and Rachel Perry

    http://helios.acomp.usf.edu/~rrperry/portfolio/abi/frames.htm