Re: ATTN: Intend to release 1.9.1 tomorrow

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 13:19:59 EDT

    --- ericzen <ericzen@ez-net.com> wrote:
    > On 2003.05.10 10:18 Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > >
    > > The bugs that were holding back 1.9.1 from
    > releasing
    > > last sunday were addressed, and we've made
    > *quite* a
    > > few major improvements since 1.9.0. 1.9.1 is
    > shaping
    > > up to be our most polished, featureful, and one
    > of our
    > > most stable releases ever. Great job everyone!
    > 2.0 is
    > > going to rock.
    >
    > I don't mean to sound all...me-ish, but what
    > specific bugs (or types of bugs if that'll save
    > time) were holding back 1.9.1?

    Basically, see every commit that Martin did in the
    past week. There was massive memory corruption in the
    Piece Table and formatting engine. There were also a
    multitude of easily caused crashers that were well
    known and well within the "fixable within one week"
    timeline that he, Tomas, and I were able to address.
    Abi now also leaks much less memory than it used to.

    This extra week has also allowed us to push in a bunch
    of other bug fixes and polish. Tomas' Bidi and MSWord
    work thus far have been nothing short of amazing. My
    mail-merge work has been called "ueber-cool" by my
    clients. The find/replace dialog is much better and
    useful. And now we also have a sort-of working text
    summarizer plugin, once I make
    FV_View::getSelectionText() work the way I believe it
    should work.