Several blockers in 1.9.1

From: Dennis Heuer (dh@onclick.org)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 02:32:29 EDT

    Hello -

    I installed abiword 1.9.1 and tried to convert a StarOffice 5.1 sdw file - stored as both word 6 and word 97 doc file - to abiword abw format. This worked quite well but when I reloaded the new abw file, abiword told me that the file is not o.k. I tried this several times. It also happens with zabw format. Reloading the doc file worked fine though. RTF crashed abiword.

    Another thing is that if I "close" the file, abiword "quits" completely.

    And, how do you calculate the zoom? I have to set the value to 175% to get the correct size on screen.

    Abiword is quite instable. It crashes frequently, for an example if I try to manipulate a table or its content. There are too many crazy behaviours to tell them here. Good luck on your way to a stable release.

    Dennis Heuer