Re: Several blockers in 1.9.1

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 03:57:11 EDT

    On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 16:32, Dennis Heuer wrote:
    > Hello -
    >
    > I installed abiword 1.9.1 and tried to convert a StarOffice 5.1 sdw file -
    stored as both word 6 and word 97 doc file - to abiword abw format.
    This worked quite well but when I reloaded the new abw file,

    Please enter these documents in our bugzilla as bugs as problem
    documents.

    abiword told me that the file is not o.k. I tried this several times. It also happens with zabw format. Reloading the doc file worked fine though. RTF crashed abiword.

    > Another thing is that if I "close" the file, abiword "quits" completely.

    Yes. I don't know why we went back to that behaviour. Did someone mean
    to do it or is it a bug?

    Could someone please explain? If there is no explanation, I will assume
    it's a bug and I'll fix it.

    > And, how do you calculate the zoom? I have to set the value to 175%
    to get the correct size on screen.

    > Abiword is quite instable. It crashes frequently,
    for an example if I try to manipulate a table or its content.

    Please run through what is needed to crash abiword. It really helps to
    have clear bugs. I find it hard to crash abiword right now, maybe
    because I can't think outside my own box. It really helps us if you can
    describe how to crash abiword and how to get crazy behaviour.

    There are too many crazy behaviours to tell them here.

    Well start with the first one. Even one helps.

    > Good luck on your way to a stable release.

    It really helps to have complete bug reports. If you provide good bug
    reports you'll find your bugs get fixed rather quickly.

    Thanks,

    Martin

    --
    Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>