Re: Artwork, branding, consistancey and stuff [was Re: Fwd: Re: Your mega knowledge of abi history is requested [j.c@123mail.dk]]

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 04:11:20 EDT

  • Next message: David Bolack: "Re: Artwork, branding, consistancey and stuff [was Re: Fwd: Re: Your mega knowledge of abi history is requested [j.c@123mail.dk]]"

    AH> > The forwarded conversation refers to overall inconsistency, not just
    AH> > the "We can't do it pretty on Windows" thing. Web pages, the about
    AH> > box, and probably the splash screen.

    AH> The bug report says that Jeremy (aka PerditionC) committed a partial
    AH> fix.
    AH> I dont have Windows XP and so I cannot check if the fix worked.
    AH> I am still using the old Ant Icon without any problems.

    Yes it works fine on 2000 & XP, and any other Windows that uses
    icons with color depths > 16 (colors not bits). The ant is included
    in the icon set for 16x16 & 32x32 16 color, i.e. Win9x compatibility
    as the pen & paper icon looks horrible dropped to 16 colors, so
    it will need to be hand redrawn for that. This also applies to
    the setup icon, which is 32x32 16 color. The Windows splash
    screen & about box are the same images used on the Linux 1.0.4 version.
    If these have been updated to different ones in newer versions I
    overlooked [or have forgotten] the commit message. So point me
    to what image is used and we can update the Windows build to match
    (assuming Jordi/Dom approves).

    I'll avoid other comments, if you read any of my prior posts on
    the issues, I'm in favor of 100% Abi (the ant) artwork, but doing
    so results in more complaints than I want to read.

    Is the page about Abi still around?

    Jeremy
    All opinions expressed are not official statements, they are opinions. :-)