Re: few issues with formatting (CVS HEAD)

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 10:12:26 EDT

    --- Mike <mike@redtux.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    > I have come across the following issues with current
    > cvs

    Are all of these things in bugzilla?

    > 1. Page setup crashes

    Cannot reproduce on Win32 or linux. What platform are
    you on?

    > 2. Fonts
    >
    > When I open a document for which I dont have the
    > font installed (eg:
    > Times New Roman), the kerning gets mangled so the
    > document is unreadable
    > - shouldnt a font be substituted.

    If you're on linux, FontConfig is supposed to
    substitute fonts for us. If the results is
    sub-optimal, FontConfig is likely to blame. I highly
    suggest installing the MS Core Fonts package or
    something.

    > 3. Page layout
    >
    > When I open a document, the layout is the default
    > layout rather than the
    > layout of the document, margins, bullets etc.

    I don't understand what you're saying here. Can you
    rephrase this?