re: localise normal.awt (bidi options)

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 08:29:47 EDT

    Hi Tomas,

    > (1) there is a GUI through which the user can
    > change the document
    > property "dom-dir" (<abiword props="dom-dir:...
    > >) so that she can
    > change it for normal.awt and any other document
    > (AFAIK this is
    > currently lacking and needs to be implemented
    > prior to 2.0 no matter
    > what).

    Perhaps this is what the checkbox in the Options
    dialog should do.

    > (2) the <abiword props="dom-dir:> of normal.awt
    > is used as the final
    > default even for documents that have no template
    > attached. (the
    > present preference changes the value of the
    > "dom-dir" property in the
    > last-resort list of pp_Property.cpp). I think
    > normal.awt serving as
    > the application defaults is generally desirable,
    > whether we do this
    > or not I am not sure.

    Templates do not get "attached." Your document starts
    out with normal.awt as the base document. Think of it
    like "every new document starts off by being a copy of
    normal.awt."

    > (3) the change of document-wide "dom-dir" needs
    > to trigger a complete
    > reformat of the entire document; a change in
    > normal.awt would need to
    > trigger complete reformat of all open documents.

    See above. There is no concept of attaching a template
    with a document. In fact, I believe this behavior is
    outright wrong to do.