Re: Win32 binary

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 11:47:31 EDT

    On Tue, 27 May 2003 21:35:48 -0400 Mikey Cooper <mikey@bluey.com> wrote:

    MC> I noticed there's still no 1.9.1 win32 binary, so I went ahead and
    MC> made one.

    I never made one because there was the MSYS compiled one (by the time
    I returned home, I'm rarely home on release Sundays).

    MC> I compiled it on my WinXP box with the commands below. Let me know if
    MC> missed something. I didn't use any of ABI_OPT_* stuff. Couldn't

    that's fine (except maybe version resource? I forget how it gets its
    default value).

    MC> figure out
    MC> how to make any of the plugin installation .exes either, so it's just
    MC> setup_abiword.exe for now.

    To make the plugin installers, you need to make each of the plugins,
    then copy the nsis files (should be in pkg/win/setup) to the plugin
    directory (where the plugin dlls get put during make) and manually
    run nsis. Of course you will probably have to edit the *.nsi file(s)
    to account for which plugins are actually built/available.

    MC> The file is located at http://www.bluey.com/setup_abiword.exe if
    MC> someone
    MC> wants to test it out.

    at the moment, either of these (or my user-debug nightly build) are
    better than the nightly builds, as they crash on startup. I'll
    try to fix it in a few days, but this week I'll be lucky if I'm home
    for 6 hours a day.

    MC> Mikey

    Jeremy