menus in plugins

From: Raphael Finkel (raphael@cs.uky.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 15:43:57 EST

    I have looked through code both in AbiWord and in the ImageMagick plugin
    to figure out how to create a menu with a submenu. I can build a menu
    item for my plugin, placing it in the context menu, but I just don't see
    how I to establish the linkage so that activating this menu item calls
    up a dynamically computed submenu.

    I can use standard gtk+ methods, but I would rather use AbiWord methods.
    I see there are methods such as addNewMenuAfter(), but I can't even find
    where in AbiWord they are invoked! Can someone give me a clue?

    Raphael