Re: RFC: Tree Changes

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 04:44:50 EST

    On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 08:56, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > Agreed. Hence my requirement to bring back a few image loaders to the
    > core.

    I think nowadays gdkpixbuf presence is pretty much certain if you have
    gtk2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this is true, the gdkpixbuf plugin
    should move to the core package.

    > For people complaining about slowliness, I thought about switching to
    > subversion to replace CVS. No one agreed....
    > I should try to do an experimental server to see if that improves speed
    > asked. The reasons behind switch to subversion are even more related to
    > the feature set rather than only speed.

    I now think we should try subversions (but we better be ready to make
    regular backups...).
    Can we keep a parallel tree for some time, I wonder?

    > (no, I'm not offering to switch to the controversial BitKeeper, even
    > though I begin to like it more and more)

    Good that you're not offering ;)

    > At worse we could move to a fresh CVSRoot.

    eek... and lose a substantial amount of development history?

    Hugs, Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html