Re: Problem when hacking xap_Win32FrameImpl.cpp

From: tomasfrydrych@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 02:27:27 EST

    Hi Jordi,

    > My suggestion is to commit it with regular CR/LF, as all the other files, if
    > you are OK with this.

    I am most definitely not OK with this. The whole CVS tree must use the
    same eol convention, we cannot use LF in the xp branches and CR/LF
    in win32 branches, it would create a complete havoc; for pragmatic
    reasons this has been and should be LF-only. Unfortunately, time from
    time a win32 developer succeeds in checking in a file with CR/LF eols
    and I gather that is what Jeremy fixed in this case.

    The real problem with the MSVC editor is that it is unable to work with
    LF files only: it will honour existing eols, but it will insert CR/LF on each
    new line you add. The result is that you end up with files that are
    neither CR/LF nor LF: you either have to have your CVS client do LF <-
    >CR/LF conversion on check in/check out, or check out with LF only
    and for editing use an editor that can handle it (you can still use the
    MSVC editor for debugging, of course). The one problem with the latter
    option is that MSVC cannot handle project files with LF eols, it will
    complaint they were not created by MSVC, so you have to have the
    project files checked out with CR/LF (perhaps a good reason to keep
    them in a separate module).

    As far as the current patch is concerned, you simply need to adjust the
    eols in your copy of the file to match those in the current CVS version
    of the files.

    Tomas