i18n problems with comments from multiple files

From: Christian Neumair (chris@gnome-de.org)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 15:49:12 EST

    Over at AbiWord we have some serious problems:
    Comments are enourmous important for us since they contain keywords for
    our i18n mechanism that e.g. influence our i18n statistics.
    Today I tracked down a problem:
    If multiple files contain a comment that affects the same string,
    xgettext only writes the first file's comment into the resulting file,
    which means
    test1.h:
    /* first comment */
    N_("some string");

    test2.h:
    /* second comment */
    N_("some string");
    being in POTFILES.in will result in a POT file containing only "first
    comment" as some string's comment.
    Is this supposed to be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

    regs,
     Chris