Command line PDF/PNG export

From: W. Michael Petullo (mike@flyn.org)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 11:38:24 EST

    I'm interested in adding support to AbiWord for exporting to the PDF
    and PNG formats from the command line. One of the reasons I would like
    to do this is so I can add nice AbiWord document thumbnailing support
    to nautilus.

    I am looking into doing this using libgnomeprint but have some questions
    about the library.

    Libgnomeprint contains PDF functions like gnome_print_pdf_write_pages.
    However, there is no mention of these PDF functions in the libgnomeprint
    headers. It seems that this functionality is only available
    through libgnomeprintui by doing something like gnome_print_job_new
    (gnome_print_dialog_get_config (GNOME_PRINT_DIALOG(gpd))).

    Is there any way to use gnome_print_job_new to create a new PDF-creating
    GnomePrintJob without relying on a libgnomeprintui dialog?

    This may be a question more approriate for a libgnomeprint list, but I
    figured there would be a few libgnomeprint-savy folks here.

    Thanks!

    --
    Mike

    :wq