Re: We have two desktop files

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 10:48:17 EST

    On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 15:19, Christian Neumair wrote:

    > -Name=Word Processor
    > -Comment=AbiWord Word Processor
    > +Name=AbiWord Word Processor
    > +Name[de]=AbiWord Textverarbeitung
    > Exec=abiword
    > Icon=abiword_48.png
    > Terminal=false

    > > THIS SMALL a difference makes it distro independant??
    > > I don't have any problem with replacing one by the other, really, but I
    > > don't get it. What's so special?
    > The file's content is not the point.

    The file's content _IS_ the point, since that is what makes it different
    from others, right?

    AFADSI (As Far As Diff See's It) it's just cosmetic changes, so that
    doesn't make the old one any less or more distro specific.

    > The issue is that we have a different desktop file for the RPM
    > installation routine than for the other distros which makes this file
    > distro-specific.

    No. Some distributions use a different file (not contributed to us
    AFAICT) or put it in a different place.

    It's irrelevant to the point if it's contents are the best or if it's
    placed in the best place. The changes are 100% cosmetic.

    I can just move the new file to the other (I have nothing against the
    cosmetic changes), if that's the problem.

    If _there_is_another_point_ that makes it distribution specific, please
    tell us what's wrong and how to change it :)

    Hugs, Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html