Re: The AbiWord/libfribidi0 issue

From: M. Fioretti (m.fioretti_at_inwind.it)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 13:21:45 EST

    On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 01:14:41 at 01:14:41AM +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra (rms_at_1407.org) wrote:

    > rawhide is not the place for RPMS for RH9. You where lucky they even
    > worked :)

    I'm perfectly aware of this, but I had to experiment, to try to get a
    lighter abiword.

    Said this, the stuff in rawhide repositories has much more chances
    (**) to be better integrated with the rest of the distro, up to enter
    it officially in the next release, than completely external stuff.

    In an ideal world, the guy doing the totally external stuff and the
    one doing the same thing in rawhide could talk, check the differences,
    document them, or merge their work.

    Ciao,
            Marco Fioretti

    (**) this of course may change with fedora. We'll see.

    --
    Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

    Don't you wish you had more energy... or less ambition?