Re: 2.1.0 this week?

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 18:21:54 EST

    According to msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>:

    > Given that Hub is on the verge getting the OSX port usable, I think it
    > makes sense for us to go for a fair bit of publicity on this release.

    I never said that soon. I'm now at the stage I actually try to use it
    for real work and find to much things to do for it to be really
    usable. And the build system still does not a make a fink independant
    binary...
    So it not for public consumption.

    > So the question is, should we aim for a 2.1.0 release this week? I can do
    > the release towards the end of the week myself.
    >
    > Things I'd like to see in 2.1.0..
    >
    > 1. OSX binaries :-) (If Hub is happy)

    No

    > 1. Slashdot, macslash, mac central,... all the numerous place mac-heads
    > hang out. (Maybe I can bribe plam to submit a story for slashdot. I'm 0
    > for 3 so far)

    If someone post this to any Mac news[1] site, I'll come visit him
    personnaly to handle the betrayal. I'm not kidding.

    Hub
    [1] rumors would probably be more appropriate as even tabloid
    journalists are more serious about what news are.

    --
    AbiWord maintainer - Lille, France
    http://www.figuiere.net/hub/