Re: RFC: iomega active disk

From: tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 06:30:39 EST

    > Abiword already runs on a floppy disk, I cant imagine it needs much
    > changing. Please send patches.

    The idea of the Active Disk is not that you can execute the application
    from the disk, but that when you do so, it behaves as if it was installed
    on the system (association with file types, settings, etc.) and when you
    finish, it does not leave bits behind.

    I think the idea itself is good, but that is now why I am interested in
    that; it is the potential user base it might create for us.

    Tomas