Re: Can't build using MinGW Win32API 2.4

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd_at_computer.org)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 22:06:57 EST

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:25:24 +1100 Stephen Viles <sviles_abi_at_iinet.net.au> wrote:
    SV> >In file included from d:/mingw/include/windows.h:55,
    SV> > from ut_sleep.cpp:24:
    SV> >d:/mingw/include/winuser.h:3411: type specifier omitted for parameter
    SV> `
    SV> > BLENDFUNCTION'
    SV> >d:/mingw/include/winuser.h:3411: parse error before `*' token
    SV> >make[4]: ***
    SV> This is a known problem with MinGW Win32API 2.4:
    SV> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=825438&group_i
    SV> d=2435&atid=102435
    SV> There's some mention of a possible fix in this bug report, but I
    SV> haven't tried it.
    SV> Cheers - Stephen.

    That is the best fix at the moment. It's what I did (though I didn't
    look it up on the forum) for tinderbox. I thought I mentioned it on the list,
    but with working around the other 2.4/2.3 win32api differences I guess
    I forgot. The #ifdef is what the VC headers do as well.

    This is caused by the function prototype using a structure that is only
    defined when some GDI includes are also included and our #defining
    WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN with NOGDI before #including <windows.h> prevents this
    inclusion. While we could work around this by including extra Windows
    headers, this is clearly a broken header and best fixed by correcting the
    header. But feel free to commit a workaround (probably just need to
    remove the #define NOGDI in ut_sleep.cpp) to go along with rest of win32api
    workarounds in our code.

    Jeremy