Re: 2.0.2 release?

From: msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 06:09:32 EST

    > Hello Martin,
    >
    >> The performance bugs like 5880 are being addressed in CVS HEAD, since
    >> fixing them is potentially unstablizing.
    >
    > Are they going to be backported at some stage?

    I'll leave that to Hub's excellent judgement. Early in current cycle I was
    in favour of backporting some speed improvement fixes. Hub objected and it
    turned out that there were some serious issues with that code.

    So I'm very happy to leave that judgement to Hub.

    However I also to want to point out we're only 4 months away from our
    projected 2.2.0 release so it's not like users will have to wait too long
    anyway.

    >> So if there are no other objections I'm in favour of a release of 2.0.2
    >> relatively soon. (Though the there are two footnote and table fixes that
    >> need backporting.)
    >
    > OK with me also.

    Cool! What do you think Hub?

    Cheers,