Re: PATCH: Next 5291 speedup

From: Johnny Lee (typo_pl@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 15:25:03 EDT

    Fine with me. I just wanted to stop the code from executing in the release
    version.

    With all the changes, you may want to look and see if you can replace the
    sorted insert and binary search in pp_TableAttrProp with an RB tree as
    Martin had tried. The only reason I haven't switched the code to use an RB
    tree is that I don't how the RB tree class in Abiword handles the following:

    - inserting objects with duplicate keys
    - finding all objects containing a specific key.

    >From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz@yahoo.com>
    >To: AbiWord <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    >Subject: Re: PATCH: Next 5291 speedup
    >Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:12:17 -0700 (PDT)
    >
    >Great catch. I don't want to commit the 2nd patch -
    >I'd rather remove the diagnostic parts altogether. Abi
    >is already too verbose when it comes to diagnostics,
    >and this diagnostic was already disabled
    >(xxx_UT_DEBUGMSG).
    >
    >I'll commit these tonight. Keep the patches coming :)
    >
    >Dom

    Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail
    Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es