Re: Commit: improved SVG rendering

From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 17:29:10 EDT

    At 2:08 PM -0700 10/2/03, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > > luck, we could make this work cross platform. (does
    > > librsvg work on OSses != unix?)
    >
    >It works fine on at least Win32 and MacOSX. You do
    >need GdkPixbuf, Glib, LibArt, FreeType, Pango, and
    >LibXML2 installed, though.

            Seems like a LOT of overhead there just for SVG support, esp.
    since parts of that duplicate functionality already made XP by AW
    itself.

            In other words, why can't we just use the SVG parser from
    librsvg (in conjunction with libxml2) to call upon our graphics &
    text classes, which have (or can be made to have) all the
    functionality of libart, freetype and Pango for our purposes.

    Leonard

    Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:leonardr@lazerware.com>
                          			     <http://www.lazerware.com>