Re: commit: Backport dom's fixes for the windows graphics class to 2.0

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 08:41:47 EDT

    > CVS:
    > CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
    > CVS:
    > CVS: Committing in .
    > CVS:
    > CVS: Modified Files:
    > CVS: Tag: ABI-2-0-0-STABLE
    > CVS: gr_Win32CharWidths.cpp gr_Win32CharWidths.h
    > CVS: gr_Win32Graphics.cpp gr_Win32Graphics.h
    > CVS:
    > Dom's fixes for the windows graphics classes backported to stable-2.0
    >
    > I've made a binary for people to try. This seems to work as well as the
    > unix build. The fonts look nice at all resolutions. The lines break at
    > the same points at all resolutions.
    >
    > You can find the executables for testing at
    >
    > http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~msevior/abiword/AbiWord.exe
    > http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~msevior/abiword/libAbiWord.dll
    >
    > There is a segfault which you can easily trigger by selecting text with
    > runs of different font heights.
    >
    > All in all this looks sooooo much nicer and performs much better than
    > the old code I've decided to commit it to 2.0 stable in the hopes that a
    > someone with a working debugger can trace the crash. (the gdb with MinGW
    > is useless for AbiWord).

    Hi Folks,
             I've had good reports about the binary. It appears to print OK.
    Could someone with access to a debugger on Windows please build
    stable-2-0-0 and give us a crash trace? (Or even better fix the
    crash.) Unfortunately Dom, uwog and I can't help much since we
    don't have a working debugger.

    Thanks!

    Martin