AbiWord Cygwin Port

From: Gerrit P. Haase (gp@familiehaase.de)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 17:12:23 EDT

    Hallo,

    I'm trying to 'port' AbiWord to Cygwin. The goal is to get a clean
    build of libwmf, wvWare and AbiWord, means to use the unix sources,
    without the need to patch the sources all over the place.

    I used wv-1.0 from the wvware.sourceforge.net site and abi-2.0.0 now
    which is not really compatible (when configured with system-wv). So
    wv-1.0 uses pkg-config but the abi configure is not able to find the
    wv library informations in the system.

    It seems that Cygwin is used to build the Windows version of AbiWord,
    therefore I have some difficulties, e.g. PLATFORM is defined to WIN32
    when uname says CYGWIN and missing functions in Cygwin (e.g. rint()).

    I think you should use another macro to define whether you're going
    build a native version for Windows with the underlaying base of
    Cygwin, maybe another flag for configure? Please don't use CYGWIN as
    an identifier for WIN32! CYGWIN != WIN32.

    I needed to add some code to get it compiled. I am willing to
    contribute time, patches and know-how to get AbiWord up and running as
    a native Cygwin-XFree86 version besides your already existing native
    WIN32 version. If the Cygwin folks is accepting AbiWord as a package.
    I would also act as a maintainer for the packages (AbiWord & wvWare)
    for the Cygwin platform.

    Regards,
    Gerrit

    --