Re: Packaging wishes for 2.0.1

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 08:52:14 EDT

    > So, what I'd like it that default installer for
    > Windows, and packages
    > for UNIX includes the following plugins:
    > -BMP
    > -WMF
    > -JPEG
    > I don't care which one is used, but we need the
    > capabilities to decode
    > these image fileformat.

    Yeah, so Unix should use the GdkPixbuf plugin and
    probably also ship the libwmf2 plugin, even though I
    wrote a GdkPixbuf loader for WMF images.

    > If you have any objections, feel free to speak up.
    > I'm willing to delay
    > the release for a few days if you need to make
    > changes in the installer.

    The release should probably be put off for a few days
    anyway - Phearbear is going to backport his QNX work
    to the STABLE branch. We'll have a 2.0.1 release for
    our 3 current platforms.