Packaging wishes for 2.0.1

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 08:44:48 EDT

    Hi,

    I'm about to tag 2.0.1 for public release. However I have a few wishes
    about how we should package it. Mainly for Windows users, but I think
    that even for UNIX other it should be done.

    Currently lot of people says: "your .doc importer sucks. I don't have
    images. etc." When looking closely at the guilty document, it appears
    that the document contains JPEG, WMF or BMP images embedded. Not having
    plugins installed will make these to be ignored, and users unhappy,
    which we don't like.

    So, what I'd like it that default installer for Windows, and packages
    for UNIX includes the following plugins:
    -BMP
    -WMF
    -JPEG
    I don't care which one is used, but we need the capabilities to decode
    these image fileformat.

    If you have any objections, feel free to speak up. I'm willing to delay
    the release for a few days if you need to make changes in the installer.

    Hub

    --
    "<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
    it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it