Re: Re[2]: Packaging wishes for 2.0.1

From: M. Fioretti (m.fioretti@inwind.it)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 11:29:08 EDT

    On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 08:08:06 at 08:08:06AM -0700, Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com) wrote:

    > I think the idea here is to represent several types of builds for
    > our different types of users:
    >
    > 1) Minimalist, streamlined build

    [predictably] +1 for this, thanks

    > Now, having such things as JPEG and WMF as plugins ...in theory, it
    > lets Abi integrate better with the user's OS by not forcing any one
    > solution down your throats,

    This is another concrete advantage (on Linux at least, I don't know
    for other platforms) even for I-want-all-possible-features users. More
    exactly, it is for who packages their distributions. Something which
    can adapt to the preexisting platform choices for {image formats, font
    selection and discovery, printing, localization, whatever} is much
    easier to integrate.

    Thanks again,
                    Marco Fioretti

    --
    Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

    It isn't easy being a Friday kind of person in a Monday kind of world.