Re: Image Loaders on Win32 (was Re: Re[2]: Packaging wishes for 2.0.1)

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 14:03:24 EDT

    Ok, so it looks like OleLoadPicture will handle:

    ICO, BMP/DIB, JPEG, WMF, EMF, GIF. We handle PNG
    internally. It works and is shipped on every win32
    platform from Win95->Win2k3. This covers all of our
    forseeable needs and platforms. If someone needs TIFF,
    they can install the ImageMagick plugin.

    It is relatively easy to load an IStream either from
    file or from an in-memory blob.

    This is the route Abi should take. Anyone feel like
    writing this plugin? Or am I going to have to ;-)

    Cheers,
    Dom

    --- "J.M. Maurer" <j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl>

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/default.aspx