Re[2]: commit: NSIS_20, MinGW related Makefile adjustments

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 22:41:16 EDT

    On 25 Oct 2003 23:12:19 +0200 Marc Maurer <j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl> wrote:

    MM> btw, what about removing the old NSIS, and using NSIS_20 by default?
    MM> Any
    MM> drawbacks?
    MM>
    MM> Marc

    Personally I prefer the NSIS 2 stuff, and you may notice my builds tend
    to use it. However there a few things still todo before we make it
    the default:
    1) It still does not fully work with MinGW. This should be fixed sometime
       in the next week (you'll probably see a bunch of small commits as I
       play with the Makefiles to get it so). The major delay will be in
       me figuring out what options gcc needs and then testing the builds.
    2) None of my NSIS 2 installer work (the abiword.nsi and company files)
       have been updated since the Stable 2 split, so the NSIS branch asis
       is required for the stable series build at the moment (unless you are
       like me and copied the NSISv2 dir from the Head package directory over
       to the stable abi directory :-).
    3) The biggest reason is that NSIS 2 is still beta, so I've been waiting
       for it to reach release status before we officially* switch over to it.
       *Personally I only intend to apply noncritical fixes to the NSIS 2
       based installer; and of course our 3 plugin installer scripts have
       been NSIS 2 based installers for a while now as its tree view works
       much better with them.

    Jeremy