Re: Prototype: AbiWord using libgsf

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 00:54:28 EDT

    > For developers on other platfroms, I believe the
    > plan is for all platforms
    > to have this capability, not just GNOME. libgsf is
    > highly portable and
    > employs portable libraries like glib, zlib etc.
    >
    > If you don't want your platform to have libgsf
    > capability please send an
    > email and complain and be specific in your reasons.

    Yeah, eventually I want to make all our platforms use
    libgsf.

    First, I want to create a separate branch from HEAD so
    that we can work on the gsf stuff in there. Once all
    of our importers/exporters are ported over to use GSF
    and once we get the various build systems working
    properly, we can re-merge the branch with HEAD.

    I'm thinking slow-and-steady here - probably this'll
    take a month or two along with a bunch of planning and
    coordination on everyone's part.

    Thanks,