Re: Prototype: AbiWord using libgsf

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 21:09:39 EDT

    > Gsf is a project that Jody, Morten, and Jon from
    > Gnumeric and I were working on a while. It's an
    > Input/Output abstraction layer. It's capable of
    > reading and writing to things like:
    >
    > Memory Buffers
    > Ordinary Files
    > Bonobo Objects
    > Windows IStreams/ADODB Streams
    > GnomeVFS streams
    > Glib GIOChannels

    Way cool Dom! This is tremendous :-)

    For developers on other platfroms, I believe the plan is for all platforms
    to have this capability, not just GNOME. libgsf is highly portable and
    employs portable libraries like glib, zlib etc.

    If you don't want your platform to have libgsf capability please send an
    email and complain and be specific in your reasons.