Re: CHM documentation

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 13:51:13 EST

    On 26 Oct 2003 19:39:54 +0100 Marc Maurer <j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl> wrote:

    MM> To the win32 guys:
    MM>
    MM> Do we have the documentation available in CHM format on win32? If not,
    MM> "spark" is able to build it, ( Example here:
    MM> http://www.sparknet.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/abiword.chm ) and it would be
    MM> very nice to have such documentation installed by default on win32 for
    MM> 2.0.1.
    MM>
    MM> Marc
    MM>
    MM> PS. Please CC comments to piers at myrealbox.com as well, since he had
    MM> troubles subscribing.

    As far as I know, we use the same (plain HTML) documentation as the
    other platforms use, so no we don't have documentation in CHM
    format. I like the single doc. If you could point me to where
    spark is, I will look into adding it as a [optional] step to our
    build process and inclusion to the installer (with a link added
    to the start-menu for it), assuming there are no objections, and
    not too much work I will try to add to Head today, and it can
    then be backported to stable2 if Jordi/Dom agrees.

    Jeremy