Re: ATTN: STABLE tree closed / bug 5527

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 14:22:43 EST

    > I can reproduce bug 5527. Basically, the Spanish Spell checker does not work.
    > This is bad, because Spanish is such a wide spoken language. It's funny
    > because the Catalan spell checker works.

    This issue is kinda unfortunate (being a regression it seems), but
    delaying 2.0.1 for it would be a shame. The win32 folks are still stuck
    with 1.0.7 right now, when 2.0.1 has so many cool stuff everyone wants
    to have. Besides, the win32 AND QNX users were left out of the 2.0.0
    party :(

    IMO, we should release 2.0.1 regarding.

    > It may have to do with the way that spell checker hash is built.

    When this issue is resolved, we could do a rather quick 2.0.2 if this
    problem was caused by our code.

    Marc

    --
    Marc Maurer <j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl>