Re: commit: Visual cut/copy/ paste works!

From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 20:38:58 EST

    At 12:03 PM +1100 10/31/03, <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
    >1. High light some text.
    >2. Move your mouse into the highlighted region.
    >(The mouse pointer changes shape to the image drag symbol)
    >3. Left mouse press for cut (control-left or double click for copy)
    >then hold down the left mouse, drag the selected text.

            And how do I click in the middle of that word to set the
    insertion point?

            This is one of those problems/issues when supporting dragging
    selecting text - you need to be able to distinguish between the user
    actually wanting to drag & just reclicking inside the word. Usually
    a time delay (determined by an OS setting on Mac OS & Windows, at
    least) is used - ie. don't start the drag till after the time,
    otherwise treat as a simple click.

    Leonard

    Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:leonardr@lazerware.com>
                          			     <http://www.lazerware.com>