Re: patch: gr_Win32Graphics.cpp

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@seviorpc.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 06:44:51 EDT

    On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 19:26, Kenneth J. Davis wrote:
    > while trying to track down why a paste killed abi I ran across another
    > error here... this patch I think corrects the intended logic, I'm
    > _assuming_ iLengthOrig is the count and not size in bytes;
    > before it would write past the bounds of the static array for
    > iLengthOrig > 256 and < 256*sizeof(int)
    > It also corrects for a possible resource leak, if pCharWidths
    > was NULL then it would set pCharAdvances to NULL, later it would
    > attempt to free this pointer which no longer pointed to the
    > allocated memory.

    This looks like a valid fix. As a check can you load the guadec-4
    document (or some other with justfied text.) Start typing in the middle
    of a paragraph. Does it work or at least is no worse than before?

    A second check, would be to now change the zoom level. Does it still
    work?

    Finally select at least 10 lines of a paragraph with contiguous
    properties. Copy and paste it. Then zoom again.

    All OK?

    If so commit.