Re: Enchant 0.4.0 released

From: Dave Malcolm (david@davemalcolm.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 10:38:50 EDT

    On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 18:20, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > Bunch of bugfixes, new APIs, error reporting, personal
    > wordlist handling, an ispell-compatible command line
    > program, etc...
    >
    > I'm finally happy with how the API/ABI looks, and I
    > think that this will become 1.0 on the same day
    > AbiWord 2.0 goes golden. I really don't imagine
    > anything changing within the next week here. After
    > that, I'm going to try & convince the world to use it
    > and standardize upon it.

    When I try to run the tests/test-enchant program, I get:
    Couldn't create dictionary for en_US
    Personal WordList: Personal Wordlist 'Personal Wordlist' (test.pwl)
    enchant_dict_check (hello): -1
    enchant_dict_check (helllo): -1
    enchant_dict_suggest(helllo): 0
    enchant_dict_suggest(taag): 0
    Adding 'helllo' to session
    enchant_dict_check (hello): -1
    enchant_dict_check (helllo): 0

    Here's the tail of the configuration output:
    aspell: error while loading shared libraries: libaspell.so.15: cannot
    aspell: error while loading shared libraries: libaspell.so.15: cannot
    aspell: error while loading shared libraries: libaspell.so.15: cannot
    aspell: error while loading shared libraries: libaspell.so.15: cannot
    checking for new_aspell_config in -laspell... no
    configure: WARNING: Enchant building without the aspell library
    checking for libuspell >= 1.1.0... Package libuspell was not found in
    the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libuspell.pc'
    No package 'libuspell' found
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating enchant.pc
    config.status: creating enchant.spec
    config.status: creating src/Makefile
    config.status: creating src/aspell/Makefile
    config.status: creating src/ispell/Makefile
    config.status: creating src/uspell/Makefile
    config.status: creating src/myspell/Makefile
    config.status: creating tests/Makefile

    enchant-0.4.0

            prefix: /usr/local
            compiler: gcc

            Build Aspell backend: no
            Build Ispell backend: yes
            Build Uspell backend: no
            Build Myspell backend: yes

    I've been attempting to build it on my Red Hat 9 machine, hoping to
    integrate it into Conglomerate, but I haven't yet managed to get en_US
    spell-checking working (or en_GB, for that matter).

    Any ideas?

    --
    David Malcolm
    www.conglomerate.org