Re: Enchant 0.4.0 released

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 11:20:16 EDT

    It looks like configure is failing to find
    Aspell/Pspell. I'm using the exact same configure
    check for this as GnomeSpell. It could be libtool
    issues - try with CC=g++ ./configure, or configure
    --with-aspell=/path/to/aspell

    FWIW, it works great for me on RH8. If you do find the
    problem (and you're more likely to, since I don't have
    direct access to any RH9 machine), please send a
    patch.

    If you're interested in getting this to work, install
    an Ispell dictionary in ~/.enchant/ispell.

    BTW, GnomeSpell just checked in my patch on a branch -
    since Enchant could be considered a Gnome-based
    project, you might do well using that instead, as it
    also gains you a nice front end as well.

    Dom

    --- Dave Malcolm <david@davemalcolm.demon.co.uk>