Re: Breton translation almost ready

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 09:47:23 EDT

    On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, [iso-8859-1] Korvigelloù An Drouizig wrote:

    > Dear Sirs at AbiSource,
    >
    > Congratulation for your amazing collective work !
    >
    > Our association made a Breton translation of AbiWord 1.99-4.
    > We based our translation on the en-GB.strings file and replaced
    > all the fields with their matching translation.
    >
    > Here is a snapshot of the result :
    > http://www.drouizig.org/drouizig/Saozneg/Miscellaneous/misc-Enhancedtextedit
    > or.html
    >
    > We are still wondering if providing you with the br-FR.strings file will
    > suffice or if it's necessary to write a .po file like the ones that are sent
    > to this list from time to time ?

    I am fairly sure the strings file will be fine.
    Provide a link, or send it ot the list.

    > We are still improving some of the translations, so the definitive .strings
    > file will be ready to be checked in by a couple of weeks. Let me know if
    > it's OK on your side, breton was not handled in the previous versions, as
    > far as I know.
    >
    > Two other questions, is there going to be significant changes before the 2.0
    > version goes out ? It seems that the « About » box can not be translated

    IIRC the strings in the current prerelease of Abiword 2 have been frozen,
    all patches at the moment must be cleared by Martin or Dom.

    The release is planned for September 6 (or was it 8) so it would be
    advisable to get as much as possible of your current translation in on
    time for 2.0

    > (only the « OK » button can), is it planned to do something in this area ?

    I think (but I might be wrong) that it is not legally recommended to
    translate the copyright information and License text that is currently
    shown in the About Dialog.

    Thanks to your team for their valuable work in improving Abiword

    - Alan