Re: AbiWord translation (ru-RU)

From: nshmyrev (nshmyrev@yandex.ru)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 07:32:34 EDT

    Hello, thanks for comments, it is very useful for me. I've made changes Sergey
    suggested.

    Sorry, but now I can't test translation, because I have not resources to
    build last AbiWord, I am going to do this after release will be made. So
    any testing notes will help. This translation is only little step towards.

    >I do not like "Примочки" for "Plugins". Sounds like a slang word to me.
    >What do you think?

    It was just for fun. I correct this to "Дополнение", like in gedit.
    "Плагин" sounds bad.

    >"Insert Image" is rather "Вставить Иллюстрацию". "Изображение" is too
    >generic for my taste.

    I think that "Иллюстрация" sounds more like picture in a book.
    Should I revert all to previous "Рисунок"?

    > параграф or абзац? I do not know which one is better but both are used.
    I think "абзац" is more suitable, "параграф" is more big entity as section.

    About "Layout", I'd translated it as "Параметры Печати" as in other word processors.
    I think, it can be accepted.

    I've changed "Dear Sir and Madam" to "Здравстуйте!"

    P.S. My full name is in PO file. There is part of this discussion too.