Re: Fundamental misunderstanding in Windows graphics class.

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 10:18:24 EDT

    >> Do the win guys get it? Can it be fixed? I still barely understand how
    >> the windows graphics class works. But that code struck me as
    >> fundamentally wrong.
    >
    > All of this sounds fine to me. How did wrote the original code? Can the
    > original developer contacted?
    >
    > Since this is a very important fix, I offer myself to help you non-win32
    > guys with the implementation of the fix.

    I think the fix is straight forward and you'll know right away when it's
    correct.

    m_pFont should alwys be generated at point size 720 (== 1440 dpi). The
    Win32Graphics class should have a private member variable that remembers
    what the size of the requested font actually was.

    m_pGUIFont should be generated at the requested font size.

    The calls to tlu(m_pFont->xxxxxxx) should be replaced with m_pFont->xxxxxx

    I'm confused as to why the font cache wants fonts generated at size 120.
    Why is that Hub? Shouldn't they be calculated at 720?

    Good luck guys. I'll help myself once I get the minGW build working.
    (Thanks very much for all the helpful suggestions. I'll try the upgraded
    win32api tar file.)

    Martin